I am loving my crockpot creations as of late! I shared this recipe on my Instagram a few days ago, but figured that a recipe this good should be shared with everyone!! It’s so simple and fresh and goes with so many things! Slow cooker recipes are always nice to have on hand for those busy weeks on the go.
Cals: 188 Protein: 33g • Carbs: 6.8g • Fats: 4.5g
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet fav taco seasoning (I used McCormick Chicken Taco seasoning)
- 1 16oz jar fav salsa (I used Hatch Valley El Pinto – medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- Layer your chicken breast in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top, then cover with salsa, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Place lid on top and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 6-7 hours on LOW (if using pressure cooker such as Insta Pot adjust times for quicker cook)
- Remove chicken from crockpot to a separate bowl and shred with two forks. Moisten chicken with small amounts of juice leftover from the crockpot until you get the amount of moisture that you desire. I used about 1/2 – 3/4 cup juice.
- Serve with tacos shells, burritos, rice bowls, salads, eggs, adding on your favorite toppings! I like to use shredded cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, sour cream or Greek plain yogurt, with a little drizzle of your fav dressing or hot sauce!
So yum! This stuff is also super easy to pre-measure into freezer bags, label and have on hand for those days you need. Freeze up to 6 months. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment