One of the best parts about flexible dieting is that each day, you get to choose foods to eat that actually sound good to you! Say goodbye to those dreaded meal plans and hello to food freedom!
I LOVE waffles. If I really wanted to, I could fit them into my macros most days. However, a regular waffle prepared in a restaurant can set you back anywhere between 500-700 calories. Add on any toppings and you’re looking at an additional 100+ calories. Choosing to use calories on this waffle is something I could do, but it would mean having to be really thoughtful and careful about what I was eating the rest of the day in order to hit my goals.
This was the thinking that led me to go in search of the perfect protein waffle recipe. I decided that I just did not like that idea of going days or weeks without having my favorite foods.
This recipe has become a staple for me! In fact, I like it so much that during my last national NPC bikini competition in Pittsburgh, I fit my waffle iron in my bag just so I could make it the morning of my show. These waffles turn out with a great texture and the whole waffle is only 180 calories with a whopping 30g of protein! Top it with a half serving of peanut butter (or lower calorie option like PB2/PB Fit) or a drizzle of light maple syrup and you’ll see why I just can’t seem to get enough of them!
COACH KATIE’S PROTEIN WAFFLE RECIPE
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I prefer Pescience Snickerdoodle or Vanilla in this recipe, but you can use anything that sounds good)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Water to consistency (For a few more calories, you can opt for milk for a thicker consistency)
- Calorie-free cooking spray
- Mix egg and dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in water or milk by the tablespoon until you get a thick batter-like texture. Be sure to add water slowly to ensure that batter does not become too runny.
- Pour battle over hot, well-greased waffle iron.
- Cook to desired texture, and enjoy!
Some other toppings that make these waffles delicious are berries, bananas, light whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, nuts n more butter, Nutella, or anything else that sounds good.
Try these out and let me know what you think, you won’t be sorry you did!
Leave a Comment